Time to harness the power of learning with Meadow Learning
What is OET?
Who Recognize OET ?
OET is trusted by regulators, hospitals & universities in the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, UAE and Singapore as proof of ability to communicate effectively. OET is available at more than 140 venues in 42 countries, with 14 test dates per year. Note: Although there are test dates every month, registration is only open for the next three test dates at a time. Ensure you choose the correct date when you apply.
OET Test Format and Timings :
OET comprehends four sub tests:
- Reading (60 minutes)
- Listening (approximately 50 minutes)
- Speaking (approximately 20 minutes)
- Writing (45 minutes)
The Reading test consists three parts and a total of 42 questions which is to be done in 60 minutes of time. This test specifically tests your understanding for the health-related subjects via reading.
Division of three parts:-
- Part A – 20 questions (four short texts)
- Part B – 6 questions (six short texts)
- Part C – 16 questions (two long texts)
The Listening test consists of three parts and total of 42 questions which is to be done in approximately 50 minutes of time. A candidate is required to listen audio and fill in the blanks as given. It tests the ability of a healthcare professional to hear and follow accordingly.
Division of three parts:-
- Part A – 24 questions (two extracts)
- Part B – 6 questions (six short extracts)
- Part C – 12 questions (two long extracts)
The Speaking test is to be given individually and takes 20 minutes. This is specifically curated for healthcare profession. It tests the speaking ability of a candidate.
Format for Speaking
The speaking sub-test of the OET is one task that is divided into two separate role-plays. Each role-play will be of 5 mins excluding 3 minutes for preparation. The role-plays will be performed between a candidate (playing
the role of healthcare professional and an interlocutor (playing the role of a patient or carer).
The Writing test is profession-specific. It takes 45 minutes to complete the test. A candidate is required to write a letter in the healthcare setting which assesses the writing ability.
Format for Writing
A set of case notes will be given and initial 5 minutes are there to read and understand the case notes. Rest of the 40 minutes will be there for a candidate to write a letter.
- OET stands for the Occupational English Test. It is an English language proficiency test designed for healthcare professionals who plan to work in English-speaking countries.
- OET scores are accepted by various healthcare regulatory bodies, employers, and educational institutions in English-speaking countries, including the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.
- OET offers modules tailored to specific healthcare professions, including Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, and Veterinary Science.
- OET is specialized for healthcare professionals, with content and scenarios that reflect real-world healthcare situations. It also uses profession-specific scoring criteria.
- You can prepare for OET by using official OET preparation materials, taking practice tests, and seeking professional guidance from The Meadow Learning who is specializing in OET preparation.
- OET scores are generally considered valid for two years from the test date. However, institutions or organizations may have their own specific score validity requirements.
- You can register for OET online through the official OET website. You’ll need to create an account, select your preferred test date and location, and pay the registration fee.
- OET scores are typically available online within 16 business days of taking the test.
We are Always Ready to Assist You
Your Path to OET Triumph Starts Here!